Wednesday 28 January 2015

Scope training day

This weekend I travelled down to London for a runners training session led by Rhian Martin at Scope HQ. I was pretty nervous, but I knew it'd be a good experience to get some final words of wisdom before the Brighton Half in 27 days (eek!)

Photo courtesy of http://www.run247.com
We covered lots of ground in the four hour session, from nutrition and kit, to a practical including running technique, speed work and stretching tips. We had a chat from a lovely lady from Six Physio  called Emily, who demonstrated how to use a foam roller - which I have since ordered... oh my goodness! Amazing. Who needs a personal masseuse when you've got a foam roller? 

We were also lucky to get a little goodie bag, including a TORQ gel which I'm looking forward to trying on my next run. Rhubarb and Custard flavour - will either be absolutely disgusting or amazing - will let you know.

I didn't meet anyone else doing the Brighton Half, most of the people there were either doing the London or Brighton marathon, but it was great to meet lots of like-minded people, all with different goals, experience and expectations for race day. It made me realise how up in Nottingham I don't really have anyone to talk about running with, or go and run with! I'll definitely rethink joining a running club, and getting out there a bit more. It's given me a massive boost of confidence and although I'm still nervous about Feb 22nd, I feel like I'm definitely doing the right thing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment