Tuesday 6 January 2015

Reasons to run

Because I LOVE food. Running makes my bum look good. The feeling of accomplishment when I finish a run longer than I've ever managed before. Having all that time just to myself, in my head, daydreaming wherever the fuck I'd like to go. Having a boiling hot Lush bath or shower right afterwards. Chocolate milk recovery drinks ♥  To look good in my clothes and feel positive about my body. Just incase I ever need to outrun a zombie apocalypse/Hunger Games/I am Legend type situation. Healthy lungs, healthy heart, better circulation. Enjoying all those good endorphins! Pretending to race with the guy next to me on the treadmill. When life is cruel, it gives me a place I can shout & rage against it all; even if it is just inside my head, and in every heavy step. For all the days I have spent curled up in bed feeling sorry for myself. Running to the best music (i.e Tom Jones - It's Not Unusual.) Proving myself wrong when I don't want to run. To make my Mum & Dad proud. Because I have legs and I can bloody well use them. To get closer to completing a marathon. For the wind in my hair & the salt on my skin. So I can wear my nice Sweaty Betty kit. To push myself beyond the limits I give myself.

I will add to this as I go along :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment