Sunday 1 February 2015

If you run you are a runner

I've clocked up 64Km already this year, meaning if I continue at this rate I'll manage 760Km by the end of the year which seems insane. Running gives me this strange kind of joy I can't quite find anywhere else. When I'm happy, I run. When I'm angry, I run. It's a relief. It's redemption. It's this thing that feels bigger than me, like when I step out on to the pavement I am syncing up with the world, and I am suddenly much closer to everything. It's beginning to get strangely addictive - something I never thought I'd say about running.
This was on the Sweaty Betty bag I received with my last purchase.
This last week I've spent most of my hours in-between finishing work and drifting off to sleep, listening to an audiobook version of Born to Run by Christopher McDougall via Audible. It's so incredible the distances ultra-runners go for, and it's been really inspiring me to look at why I run, and what I should aim for. Every time I plug it in to my ear buds I want to run a little bit more, immediately. It's pure brilliance.



No comments:

Post a Comment