Monday 9 February 2015

A spoonful of sugar

In the lead up to the Brighton Half I'm trying really hard not to get sick. As I write I'm making my way through a plateful of orange segments, reading some blogs & having a wee panic about what will happen in less than two weeks time.

I've hit my fundraising target (woo hoo!) so that's one massive relief. I've just got to, ya know, run 13 miles and hope it's not too hot/cold/rainy on the day. I'm not very good at dealing with the unexpected, so this will be a bit of an interesting challenge. I know I can run, I've got legs so that's a start. But it's all the little worries like 'Oh god, we're staying in a hostel the night before, will I sleep enough? Will the beds be comfy? Will I wake up with shin splits after my next run? Will my stomach settle enough on the day to run for two hours with all that anxiety swimming around?' It's all the little 'what if' worries that are making me second guess it all. But it'll be worth it. I know it will be worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment