Monday 11 January 2016

Lush Valentines haul 2016

New year. Mental health meltdown. What better way to pick myself up than with a selection of lovely treats from Lush. Yes I work there and get a very generous discount (thank you powers that be) and yes I still manage to spend more money on soap than is probably sane... but it makes me happy! Happiness is about taking time to acknowledge the little things, and sometimes it's easy to forget how lucky I am to work in such a cool place surrounded by so many delicious products made with beautiful fairly traded vegan and veggie ingredients. 

So without further ado, here's what I picked up today. 


This came out a couple of years ago as part of the Valentines day range, but this is the first time it's been a cream rather than gel. I'm very excited to try this one out as it smells bloody delicious. It's packed full of fresh pomegranate juice and marshmallow root, so it ends up with a really zingy sweet sort of fragrance which is a good pick me up post-gym or first thing in the morning. 


Also part of the limited edition Valentines range. The scrub is sweet and salty, almost like the Popcorn lip scrub, but it's a bit fruitier. Totally delicious and great for scrubbing away the wintery skin from your lips.

The Kiss Lip Gloss 

The gloss has the same flavour/fragrance as the scrub but without the saltiness. It's super softening with kalahari melon oil and it also contains guarana seed powder to give your lips a nice natural plump look. I love the fact that they've switched the packaging to a handy tube rather than a little tin,  it makes this product pretty much perfect. 

Oh Lush, I'm a sucker for your terrible puns. I've yet to try this one out in the tub but it's scented with Brazilian orange oil and fair trade vanilla absolute, resulting in something not too dissimilar to chocolate orange. This is probably my least favourite of the collection based purely on the scent, as I'm not a chocolate orange kinda gal, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it softens the skin as it's packed full of extra virgin olive oil, castor oil and cocoa butter. 

Roses All The Way

This soap is brand new this year and it's scented with rose and talc, much like the Rosy Cheeks face mask. It's such a soothing scent and the soap lathers up into a creamy consistency. 


Sadly Unicorn Horn was out of stock (surprise, surprise! Last year it was pretty elusive and hard to get hold of, hopefully this year it'll be available for longer) but I'll be picking one up as soon as I can. 

I think the Valentines and spring products from Lush tend to be my favourite release of the year; lots of sweet florals and fresh scents to lift your spirits. I'm very excited to see what launches for Spring next month. 

**photos courtesy of Lush Digital @ www.lush.co.uk** 

No comments:

Post a Comment