Friday 21 April 2017

Reasons to run: round two

With each stride, each step, each tiny inch forward I am amazed by what my body is capable of. The champion feeling I get after smashing out another PB.  For my Dad, and all the days he's missed.  When I'm running and thinking about that big ol' bowl of roastie potatoes with cheese and gravy that's got my name written all over it. Serotonin! Racking up the miles to try and run further than I did last year.  Just incase I ever need to run away from a lion, or a really mean boy. To strengthen my core...I'll never have a flat belly but I will have a strong one. Watching the idiots behind me at the gym, posing in the mirrors as I run (stop taking selfies and just get on with it!)  Carb-loading before a race Because it makes me feel like I can boss absolutely anything in life. 15 year old Imogen would be well-impressed (and she was pretty hard to please.) Lying down on the grass after a hot, sticky run.  New Asics. When I'm racing and a stranger shouts my name and sends some kind encouragement my way. The Tarka Trail over any treadmill, any day. I AM A DRAGON. Healthy mind, healthy heart, healthy Imogen. Sweating out all the toxins, city shit and bad juju. When I push past that permanent feeling of 'I can't I can't I can't' and realise that actually I can. Chocolate. Because will complete the London Marathon this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment