Monday 8 February 2016

Storm Imogen

Finally something with my name on it! When I was growing up I was desperate to find pens, mugs, headbands, literally anything with my name on it. To my utter delight I found out this evening that storm Imogen was set to bring a turbulent start to the week. Damn straight.

Quite recently the grief over my six year relationship ending has morphed into anger, and it's... interesting.

It's new to me. Now that my teenage years are behind me, I can't really say I'm ever angry. I just don't  feel things in that way. I become impassioned, sure, but never angry. But now that I'm done crying I'm filled with this unquenchable rage. It feels like someone has lit a fire in my belly that can't be doused. I wake up in the morning and feel it rise in me. Hot, sharp, uncontrollable anger. The kind where an angry little voice inside my head shouts obscenities and chips away at my sanity.

I've been trying to find a better outlet for it (better than pizza and gin), so if you have any suggestions send them my way. In the mean time I'm going to try channel some of this negative energy in the gym this week, and write more. Angry haiku's anyone?

I should have punched you
hard in the bollocks when I
still had the chance to.

Fuck you. You're a dick.
I wish you'd just say sorry
and read my letter.

I deserve someone
who wants me more than they want
protein shakes and weights.

A favourite moment:
It snowed, I threw a snowball.
Caught you in the nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment